Donuts, prizes and BBQ! That's what happens when neighbors and businesses in Fall Creek Place get together to clean up our streets! Thanks to all who participated and organized! Donations from the businesses in our neighborhood, and neighbors like Kenneth Hall and Megan Reimann made it possible! If you didn't get a chance to spruce up your block on Saturday, PLEASE check those storm drains and LET'S GET READY FOR A BEAUTIFUL SPRING!
Thanks to everyone involved in the 2018 FCP Easter Egg Hunt! It was a HUGE success! Special shout out to Emily Guay of Broadway Street for spearheading!! Now come on Spring!!!
Get your baskets ready! The Easter Bunny is coming to Fall Creek Place! There will be an area for the littlest ones, and an area for the sprinters! Greenspace at 23rd and Broadway...Behind The Oaks Academy.
10:00 a.m. on the 31st! Dress Warm, Neighbors!
Coffee and Donuts provided.
We are looking for Candy donations! If you would like to donate, please contact Emily Guay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Crime and Safety committee is hosting a Crimewatch Information and Discussion gathering on March 20th at 7:00 p.m. in the basement of Shoefly. Join us to discuss recent crimes, safety tips and STARTING AND MAINTAINING A BLOCK CLUB!
Oh, yeah, and enjoy some Shoefly eats and drinks!!
PLEASE join your neighbors to clean up our fantastic neighborhood. This makes a huge difference when the trees start blooming. Winter seems to bring a lot of trash! Fantastic prizes donated by our awesome Business Collective!
SPRING CLEAN-UP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is it? The clean-up is on Saturday, April 7, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Where do we meet? Craigs Kids Park at 23rd and Alabama.
Do I need tools? No. Shovels, rakes, trash bags, and gloves are all provided.
Do I need to be part of the HOA to participate? Absolutely not. The HOA helps organize the event, but all neighbors are welcome and needed.
Will I have to carry heavy trash bags? No. We will have a truck driving around the neighborhood to pick up and consolidate the trash bags, so you just need to fill the bags and leave them at the curb.
What needs cleaned? Well, just about everything. Scraping leaves and dirt from curbs and clearing gutters is always an area of focus. Public spaces, such as under the bridge along the Fall Creek Trail, as well as a few abandoned lots that collect trash and dumping are also areas of focus.
Anything else to motivate me besides a sense of self-satisfaction and quality time with neighbors? Yes! Shoefly will host a free cookout after the clean-up for volunteers. Also, free coffee, water, doughnuts, and door prizes (t-shirts, yoga passes, etc) and beer will be provided by the Fall Creek Business Collective and HOA.
Live Music, Food and Drinks in Craig Kids Memorial Park. Come hang with neighbors and help us raise money for Phase I of Craig Kids Memorial Park! Food and Drinks from Goose the Market, Shoefly, Mashcraft, Tea's Me, Central State, Artisan Picnic and 22nd St. Diner! We will be set up in the park and blocking off 23rd Street.
Friday, September 22, 2017
5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Get involved in the neighborhood
Along with the Home Owners Association Board of Directors, volunteers from the neighborhood play a key role by serving on HOA committees. These committees serve a wide variety of functions. If you are interested in volunteering your time and efforts, please contact email@example.com or each committee individually.
Fall Creek Place Committees
- Land Use Committee – The Land Use Committee acts as a representative of the neighborhood when new land uses are proposed. Our primary goal is to help shape new developments so that they benefit existing residents and conform to long-term planning goals for the neighborhood. A secondary goal of the Land Use Committee is to help advertise land use opportunities within the neighborhood. Committee Chairperson: Chris Corr. Committee Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crime Watch Committee – The Fall Creek Place Crimewatch Committee strives to maintain a safe neighborhood for all residents. The committee is made up of individual block clubs as well as other interested neighbors, and participants need not be members of the Fall Creek Place HOA to participate. The committee tracks crime statistics, works with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and other city agencies to address problems, provides information to members and to the neighborhood about crime activities and prevention and seeks to build relationships between neighbors. Crimewatch members share information through a secure list-serv email group restricted to members. Committee Contact: email@example.com
- Maintenance Committee – Fall Creek Place has one of the most complete investments of public garden infrastructure in the city. This "garden district" includes obvious large-scale elements like our gateway monuments and public parks, but also includes our unique planted "bump-outs" along our major streets as well as the decorative paving at many pedestrian intersections. It is up to neighborhood residents to maintain these unique elements that help define our neighborhood's character. Committee Chairperson: Heather Roemer Committee Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Review Committee - The Fall Creek Place Design Review Committee strives to protect our investment and neighborhood character by ensuring compliance with the Fall Creek Place Design Guidelines. The Committee is established by the Fall Creek Place Covenants and is charged with reviewing all exterior changes to HOA-member homes and yards. Committee Chairperson: Bart Gander. Committee Contact: email@example.com
- Fall Creek Foundation - The Fall Creek Place Foundation serves to enhance the quality of life of all neighbors. Our mission is to create a better sense of community among Fall Creek Place residents by developing and improving public spaces. The vision of the Foundation is to be a force of inclusion, bringing together neighbors from all walks of life, by creating unique spaces and experiences. The FCP Foundation is a 501(C)3 non-profit and is the official fundraising arm of the HOA. Your donation will help improve our neighborhood! We are always looking for volunteers interested in helping us create a better sense of community. Please feel free to contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Committee – We are always looking for content suggestions, feature stories, news or notes, and photographs to include in the Urban Times newsletter. If you have and ideas, please contact email@example.com. Post a message to the Fall Creek Place Facebook page - www.facebook.com/FallCreekPlace and Fall Creek Place on Instagram.
Fall Creek Place Parents Group
Interested in meeting other families with kids in Fall Creek Place? Like the Fall Creek Place Parents Group Facebook page to share information relevant to families with children and to get to know one another. Find the group at www.facebook.com/groups/FCP.parents.
- February 23 – Recycling Pickup Day
- March 12 – HOA Board of Directors Meeting
- – Heavy Trash Pickup Day
- March 9– Recycling Pickup Day