Meet Members of the Board
The Fall Creek Place Home Owners Association Board positions are now set for 2016. The HOA is governed by seven elected representatives that serve staggered three-year terms. Board positions are filled at the annual meeting in November and are all voluntary and receive no compensation.
New Board Roster:
- Chris Corr – President
- Brian Carter – Vice President
- Leslie Kell – Secretary
- Matt Guay – Treasurer
- Marc Beaudry – At-Large
- David Bullington– At-Large
- Kara Hieser– At-Large
Here is some information on your current board members:
- Chris Corr is serving his first year as President after serving as Vice President and Treasurer. He moved to FCP with his wife, Claire Willard, and daughter, Alanna, in 2011. He has been a Land Use Committee co-chair for 4 years and has been active in steering a number of land use proposals and initiates within the neighborhood. Chris is a biomedical engineer and works for the Indiana University School of Medicine as a lab manager in the Krannert Institute of Cardiology.
- Brian Carter is a second year board member and is beginning his first year as Vice President. He organized a greenway clean-up in 2014 and has removed graffiti at many sites in and around the neighborhood. Brian, his wife Kelly, and their daughters moved to FCP in 2013. He works downtown at Anthem, Inc.
- Leslie Kell is beginning her first year on the board and is serving as Secretary. Along with husband Nick and sons Owen and Evan, Leslie moved into a new home on Broadway in 2015. They moved into the neighborhood in 2004 and have spent time on Central and Delaware. Leslie is an RN at Community Hospital.
- Matt Guay and his wife Emily and daughter Audrey moved to Fall Creek Place in 2005 and currently live on Broadway St. after spending 9 1/2 years on Delaware. This is Matt’s second year as Treasurer and third year on the board. He also writes the neighborhood newsletter for the Urban Times. Matt is the Director of Tickets and Operations for the Indianapolis Indians.
- Marc Beaudry is a second year at-large board member. Marc and his wife Jenny moved to Fall Creek Place in 2010 because they wanted to live close to downtown and live in a diverse urban environment. Marc has been working at Eli Lilly for twelve years and currently works in the Alzheimers division as a marketer.
- Dave Bullington is a first term at-large board member. Dave and his wife Susan have been residents of Talbott Street in Fall Creek Place since 2009. They spend most of their free time chasing after their two young sons, Winston and Oliver, and love the neighborhood's close proximity to the city's many amenities that allows them to raise their boys in such an urban setting. Dave is a creditors' rights attorney for Blackwell, Burke & Ramsey PC.
The Board also has a handful of committees that rely on volunteers to chair and lead. They are as follows:
- Design Review - Kyle Miller
- Safety - Sarah Strawbridge and Kara Hieser
- Maintenance - Heather Roemer
- Land Use - Chris Corr
- Urban Times - Matt Guay
- Foundation – Matt Guay
Fall Creek Place Foundation
The Fall Creek Place Foundation was formed in 2015 to create a better sense of community among Fall Creek Place residents by developing and improving public spaces. As a 501 C(3) non-profit our vision is to be a force of inclusion, bringing together neighbors from all walks of life, by creating unique spaces and experiences. Some things we will be working on in 2016:
- Ideas to develop & beautify public spaces in the neighborhood and act as a bridge between the HOA and those who live in the area but are not HOA members
- Playground/Community space at 23rd/Alabama Park
- “All-In Block Party” tentatively scheduled for April to gather and unveil plans for playground/community space.
We are always looking for volunteers interested in helping us create a better sense of community. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation Board Members:
- Chris Corr
- Jeremy Brilliant
- Matt Guay
- Adam Mueller
- Renate Myler
- February 12th – Recycling Pickup Day
- February 13th – HOA Board Meeting - 10AM at Monon Coffee
- February 25th – Heavy Trash Pickup Day
- February 26th – Recycling Pickup Day